Some more things added to the car. I’ve added a small inverter so we can charge things up that are mains powered. Aome maintenance has been done because the wheel bearings weren’t very good, indeed I don’t think the MOD had ever greased them since the day the truck was made. You can see in the pictures that the bearing race wasn’t very good in fact it was pretty rusty and pitted. I had to rebuild two rear hubs. The fronts seemed fineas the grease was still white. The back was full of rust.
A bit of hot air and a bit of fingernail work and I managed to remove the ambulance stickers from both sides. It’s left a bit of a mess on the side of the truck as the mod had just painted round these stickers when the vehicle was resprayed. I’ve tried to sand over the words but you can still see it so I’m going to stick an OverLandBirds sticker right over the top. I can’t afford to get the resprayed it’s probably going to be £4,000.