Ace Ventura...Pet Detective
Those keen eyed of you will note i've covered over the air intakes for the Eberspacher with the ply. So i need some more. My idea of having them in the cab nearly went completely wrong. Luckily it was fixable. Photos will explain. I should have planned more. Note the cunning use of the old roof vents to make the new Eberspacher air intake cowls.
So the skylights are in. VERY easy. Second one took about 20mins first one about an hour. Things to watch. 3.5mm pan head screws need to be long (mine are 50mm although my roof is 9mm thiicker due to ply lining so you might get by with 45mm) so special order for them! Jig saw blade needs to be long enough to cut both sides and they don't make HSS ones with enough teeth per inch and also long enough to cut thin aluminimu so a fine HCS wood one was used. Just long enough. On the second skylight I marked all the holes and then used a 10mm drill and then cut round with the jig saw. I cut center to center of the holes. Using the 10mm was easier than notching the roof as per the pics and the first one. Enjoy.
A bit more ply lining done in the Pulse Ambulance (officially a BFA or battlefield ambulance). The vents in the roof will be replaced with proper ones from a campervan. Something about a foot square will do. One in each side. The carpet seems to work so although i was tempted to carpet it i will leave it until we have decided on the layout. The Camper conversion is of course ongoing.
Get notifications of new Blog Entries by filling in the box below. No risk.