November 27th, 2013
So the garage did a efficient job getting us on our way. We left there about lunchtime Tuesday. A few problems with the diff-lock lever which I knew we would. Last time it took me ages to get it working in the correct position. Same this time. Mechanic knew what he was doing after I explained what I did last time. We did manage to break the relay though and this was repaired with a bit of soldering.
I don't think I saw a single use of a torque wrench in the repair or indeed thread-lock. Not to say I don't trust them, but I don't. I think he thread-locked the prop bolt which we re-used although I do have a new set.
I know I threadlock every bolt and do things perfectly and do not cut corners at all. However, having seen some garages miss bolts off not torque anything up I will not be confident that its been fitted 100% correctly for many many months. Even the lack of threadlock freaks me out let alone the torque wrench....
They might be wonderful....I do worry. However a bolt did fall out the bottom of the car about a mile after we left so we went back. Turns out they lost it and replaced it which I'm confident they did as I'd seen a new bolt when I was under the car in the shop.....
At least we are moving. Now I hope the oil is OK....first time we've used this brand and I still think the other oil was the culprit. We are now trying to figure out if we can send the box back for the core refund.
Get notifications of new Blog Entries by filling in the box below. No risk.